You are here
DISTRICT ESTABLISHES COVID-19 ISOLATION CENTRE
Kayunga district Local Government has established a COVID-19 isolation centre at Namagabi Secondary School where suspected corona virus victims in the district will be quarantined under the management of the district.
By yesterday, 11 suspected contacts from Sokoso village in Galiraya subcounty had been brought to the isolation centre and out of about 30 people under self quarantine, 16 had completed their14 days under self quarantine and were set free after the survailance team had taken blood samples from them.
Kayunga was among the first risk districts to be identified with covid-19 positive people, whereby a couple from Bbaale subcounty who had gone to Rwanda for burrial and on returning back to their residence in Bbaale subcounty in Kayunga District , they were discovered by the community that they had some symptoms like those being mentioned by the media and alerted the district leadership , who collected thm and were taken to Kampala and covid -19 blood samples were taken from them and brought back to their homes, later the results tested positive , hence the couple had COVID-19 corana virus and they were taken to Kampala for treatment. The couple is responding well to treatment.
All the conacts to this couple was put on self quarantine under the monitoring of the community political leadership and the district survailance team.
The district has started mobilising for some support from well wishers for welfare improvement for the isolation centre and the following people have contributed to this noble cause;
- The Disrict Chairperson Mr Sserwanga Tom William contributed 1-50kg bag of maize flour
- The District NRM Chairperson contributed shs 205,000/= for fuel
- The Manager of Lunar Guest house, Mr Lubega contributed shs 400,000
- The head master of Kangulumira Uganda Martyrs S.S contributed shs 50,000
- St.Kalemba S.S- Nazigo contributed 1-50kg of maize flour
- Musige Ivan contributed a 1-50 kg of maize flour & 1 box of soap
- District Youth chairperson , Mr Muwonge contributed 3 boxes of soap
The chairperson of the District task force Mrs Mwanamoiza Margret Kikomeko thanked all the people who had contributed generously to our beloved sisters and brothers in need and called for more support.