Mandate of the Department
Overseeing all financial management including the efficient allocation and accountability of financial resources for equitable development across all sections in the District.
Its headed by the Chief Finance Officer Mr, Luzige James Kalumba and deputised by the Senior Finance Officer Mr Watuwa Muzamil.
Finance department comprises of five vote functions namely:-
- Finance Administration
Functions of the Department
- Advising council through the Chief Accounting Officer on all issues related to finances
- Preparation of Annual Budget estimates ( See links provided bellow)
- Preparation of the end of the financial year final Accounts for on ward submission to the Auditor General.
- Preparation and submission of financial reports
- Organizing the district annual budget conference
- Conducting, monitoring and support supervision visits on the management of PFA funds in all LLGs
- Preparation and submission of the Local Government Budget Framework Paper (LGBFP)
- Provide technical guidanmce to departments in the preparation of the OB Tool.
Kayunga District Budget Speech for FY 2014/2015
Kayunga District Budget 2014/2015
Kayunga District Budget Speech 2015/2016
District Approved Budget Estimates for FY 2015/2016
Funds Released as at August 2015
Like any other department, finance encounters the following problems during the implementation of its activities:-
- The change in the Road Fund guidelines affected the district local revenue collection because it was unable to tax the 1% revenue from its contractors as it was doing before.
- Limited office space for the Accounts staff
- The negative attitude of the community towards tax payment has affected local revenue collection.
- Irregularities in cash flows for both locally raised revenues and conditional grants
- Delayed submission of LLGs reports for integration into the district consolidated financial reports.